Assault Cases

assault-caseIf you have been assaulted either at work or in the pub or in the street, there are a number of ways of obtaining compensation for your injuries.

You may either bring a case to the Personal Injuries Assessment Board and subsequently to Court where liability has been denied, or you may make a claim before the Criminal Injuries Compensation Tribunal (where, except in the case of certain professions (such as prison officer), your claim shall be limited to out-of-pocket expenses such as medical care and loss of earnings).

The law in relation to assault has developed considerably in recent years, and in particular, the liability of pub-owners to its customers has been broadened.

In addition, the liability of employers for the criminal acts of their employees has been extended all over the world and a number of cases that might not have been litigated in the past are now being pursued successfully.

We have considerable experience in this area of the law and have successfully represented people who have been assaulted and who have sustained serious injuries.Note – In contentious business, a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement.